Wednesday, February 27, 2008

[Part B]

The festivals that Jess experienced with his family is totally different from what I celebrate with my family . Jess celebrates Christmas and Easter while my family and I celebrate Hari Raya Haji and Hari Raya Puasa .

For Christmas, presents are recieved but for Hari Raya Puasa, the younger generation will usually get money given by thier older relatives . For Easter, Jess's family goes to church but for Hari Raya Haji and Hari Raya Puasa , we will go to the mosque . Unlike Christmas or Easter, we celebrate Hari Raya Puasa for almost a month and before we even celebrate Hari Raya Puasa, we have to fast ( puasa in malay, hence the name Hari Raya Puasa ) for a month . This month is called Ramadan .

What Jess's family celebrates and what my family celebrates are different but similair in one way . These festivals bond the family together and make us feel happy. For my family, these festivals is meant for strengthening relationships and bonds with our family and relatives. Not only that, we seek for forgiveness and realise what we have did wrong. And also Repent (:

No comments: